I saw a top ten list over at SharkGirlBJJ’s blog (sharkgirlbjj.blogspot.com) and opted to create my own here as well (in no particular order):
1. More mat time: I’d love to have more time to roll instead of sitting in traffic, working, sleeping or … etc. More mat time means better technique and timing.
2. This sweet gear bag from DaKine: OK, it’s not specifically built for a gi, but it would function just as well since it has a wet pocket for the stink.
3. Orangahang Grip Trainers: These bad boys look like they mean business and who couldn’t use better grips?!
4. Back Attacks DVD Set with Ryan Hall: Ryan Hall is the man. I need work on my game. Enough said.
5. Drill to Win: 12 Months of Better BJJ by Andre Galvao
6. A GoPro to record mat time and study my own game.
7. More hang time with training partners off the mat. I love those who I get to experience jiu jitsu with – just wish I’d get to see them more off the mat. (yes, I’m a sap – I know)
8. This very light XGuard gi in white. Can’t ever have enough gis.
9. Short-sleeve rashguards. I’ve got enough long-sleeve rashies… but only one short-sleeve.
10. New non-crappy blender: I have a blender as it is, but my wife hates it. Also good for smoothies to perform at peak.
And there you have it? What’s on your BJJ wish list this year?